7 Bible Memory Verses for Godly Living
- We don't often "feel like" doing the right thing or walking in obedience to God's Word. This is why we need to present our bodies as a living sacrifice. During the Old Testament days, a sacrifice or offering to God must be without blemishes, in order to be accepted.
Romans 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- A believer cannot think like the world and live like the world. We must seek God's will revealed through His Word(Bible) and do it.
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- In order to walk in a manner pleasing to God, we must first know what pleases God. This is why we need to increase in the knowledge of God. Fruitfulness is a result of abiding in God.
Colossians 1:10 - That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- Christians can rejoice while suffering, patiently enduring hardhips for the glory of God and this brings joy to our soul.
Colossians 1:11 - Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
- Be kind and gentle to others. Have faith during hardships.
Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
- For the saved believers, there is a war between the fleshly nature and the new born-again nature
1 Peter 2:11 - Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
- We must intentionally keep our bodies under subjection to God's Word.
1 Corinthians 9:27 - But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.